Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Little Rest

So, my body finally protested all the excessive exercise and demanded that I take a break. Yesterday I putted around town and rode 75 miles. (Yes, that’s a rest day compared to the riding I’ve been doing.) I know it’s crazy, but that’s why I (well, actually, my beautiful wife) started this blog, because I’m clearly a crazy man on a mountain bike! I’ll admit it, I was frustrated, but it’s important to listen to your body and give it rest when necessary. Today, I only rode 67 miles, but I felt much better. Lesson for the week: Rest is vital.

Maybe tomorrow I’ll get serious about riding again….

2 comments:

  1. I admire a crazy man. I believe I am one too. In my head that is. I wish I had the time to be as crazy. I admire his use of the bicycle for pleasure and purpose. I share the same need to make my wife ride further then she sometimes wishes. I wish good luck to the crazy man. May his two wheeled steed take him to that magical land where all the bikes have unihorns, yes I said unihorns, and the bike path always has a tale wind.

    Sir Bikelot

    P.S. And to the ghost writer. Congrats on your acceptance to sit in on a masters class in poetry. :-) A fellow co-worker of yours told me the exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir Bikelot,

    Randy says: Ride on my crazy friend, ride on.

    Thanks I'm super excited about taking the class this fall. It's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete